Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Funeral

I went to a funeral today. It was my first since we had Levi's service. Thank God, it was not for a child. I did not want to go, to be completely honest. I guess no one really wants to go. The funeral was for the mother of a couple who I care for deeply and consider true friends. I was so sad for them. I remember my dad's funeral when I was a teenager and it was just awful. I hope that I don't lose my mom for a long time. Even though this woman was older (71) I can only imagine it must be just terrible to lose your mother. I am kind of off track though. I wanted to write about attending a funeral. No one likes to do it, but if you are close to someone who loses a loved one, and you consider going to the funeral, please go. It means so much. I know that it meant so much to me to see people at Levi's. At least to me, it shows that they care and that they love you and your loved one. I know this is a random post, but it was on my mind because it was very hard for me to go today. This world is just too much, I long for the day that our Savior comes back and takes us home!

No comments:

Post a Comment