Sunday, October 30, 2011

Another Fall Festival

We took Caleb to another fall festival. This was an awesome one, but I do think they could have given out more candy (mostly because I like to eat a bunch of his candy every year). They had tons of games for the kids, a couple of rides, a bouncy house, pony rides, a cake walk, loud music, motorcycle/bike trick shows, and more. It was pretty awesome. Caleb said his favorite part was winning snowballs in the cake walk (although he does not like snowballs). That boy is so funny.

TP Toss


Side view of the mohawk. Everyone had something to say about how awesome it looked


Arm wrestling. So funny. When Caleb beat him he said,
"See, I told you I was strong!"
This was my favorite booth


Face painting


The guy working the cake walk told them that if they danced they were more likely to win so Caleb
danced around (and he won!)


Fishing. This group does this fishing game every year and as you can tell from the picture, they love it! I think they just love seeing the kids faces. When Caleb got his goody bag of stuff, he turned around with the sweetest face full of excitement. He was so excited and proud.
He is such a cutie pie!


Pony rides


I think Caleb had a great time. I am so glad we have these oppertunities in our community. I am so glad God is giving us the strength to get out and do these things for Caleb and continue making memories with him. We are at the very beginning of this awful journey called grief and somedays are easier than others but somedays are harder than others. This was a really hard day. It was a really hard morning at church. We have been praising the Lord all through this storm and we will continue praising Him because He is good. His plan is good. I know that; we know that. I get emotional in my worship because I know God has all the power. I know He did not make a mistake giving us Levi or taking him away. It is so hard to know that He was/is fully able to heal Levi and chose not to but I know that it is good and this is a part of something bigger than us. I praise the Lord because He is good and I am so thankful for heaven and God's promises. I know He has created a perfect place and Levi is there and we will see him again. My heart cannot wait! All glory and honor and praise to You, my Savior!

3 comments:

  1. love the pictures! Caleb is such a cute, handsome young man - and he sure does pull off that awesome mohawk! he is very blessed to have parents like you who are willing to get out and do things with him to create those special memories, even in the midst of your grief. continuing to pray for you and your family during this very difficult time. may God continue to give you peace, comfort, and strength to get through each day. God bless! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you. You are always on my mind. You are such an inspiration to my family and to me. I really admire your trust in the Lord. I know it has to be so hard but just know that you and your family are such an inspiration to so many. Levi has brought many closer to God and some to God for the 1st time in prayer. I know we are in the same service at church and I have been praying ever Wed. night and every Sunday morning (not to mention every night. I hope you get some comfort in knowing that while your heart is hurting, My husband and I are very close to you praying for you. ~ Jody and Angela Jones

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember when we were expecting our CDHer and going through the NICU thing that certain songs during worship would bring me to tears everytime. To this day, "Blessed Be the Name" has that effect on me. Many prayers for you and your family... I don't know what you're going through, but I've walked through this with a few friends, and I have just a glimpse. Nothing but love for you! :)

    ReplyDelete