Saturday, September 24, 2011

Day 29

When I woke up this morning I looked at my phone and saw a text that a sweet friend had sent me... "For everyone who keeps on asking receives; and he who keeps on seeking finds and to him who keeps on knocking the door will be opened." Matthew 7:8

I love how God places people in your life at the perfect time and how he uses those people to help you when you need it most. I needed to read that this morning. I needed encouragement. Some friends showed up at the hospital after awhile and it was so good to see them. They prayed over Levi and brought gifts. One of my friends brought a superman shirt for Levi. So cute! I am so happy to see people who care about us and Levi but it is especially encouraging when they truly believe that Levi is going to be healed. They truly believe that God is going to perform a miracle. I need that. I need to see those people and hear those things. Sitting in the hospital day after day and looking at all of the monitors and seeing just how bad it is discourages me. I see this sweet baby who looks around and just stares into our eyes as we talk to him. He does some of the cutest things and has such a cute personality. It is so hard to believe that just unplugging a machine would end it all. There is so much that would have to happen for him to come off ECMO and survive and it is discouraging to sit there day after day with no progress and know how unlikely it is that it could turn around.

Update on Levi...he is doing the same, pretty much. His sats were really good when we got there but it only lasted about three hours and then he was right back down. They did hear some breath sounds today and those had been gone for almost a week so hopefully he is trying to open his lungs. He has so far to go, such a long road. I want him with us so badly, but at the same time I know there is so much he will have to go through and overcome. I do know though, that if he can just pull through we will make it worth it. That boy will get so much love and once I can hold him I don't think I will ever put him back down.

Hoping tomorrow is a day with more breath sounds and some air on his x-ray and better sats! Lots to hope for!

No comments:

Post a Comment